Books I Love
Since 2012, I have been participating in the Goodreads – Reading Challenge and while I am constantly reading I’ve only completed it twice officially. A couple of times, I simply forgot to enter the books after I read them (2015, I am looking at you.).
This past year, I was two books short of my goal; 60 books.The last couple weeks of 2022 were filled with family and naps. My mom moved up from Florida the second of December. We have spend a bit of time getting her more winter ready items and then there was preparing for the holidays (so so many trips to the grocery store).
My favorite fiction book of the year was “My Sister, The Serial Killer” by Oyinkan Braithwaite. I found this book on one of my used book hauls, but I had first heard about it on NPR in 2018. If the title wasn’t enough, to make you want to read it, go ahead and listen to the interview on NPR. The best non-fiction book was “Unmasking Autism: Discovering the New Faces of Neurodiversity” by Devon Price which came with a bonus PDF with tools to help neuro-spicy folks like myself.
There is no way I could choose the best autobiography/memoirs I read this last year so I am just going to list them.
- Billy Porter – “Unprotected”
- Elton John – “Me”
- Barack Obama – “Promised Land”
- Yusef Salaam – “Better Not Bitter”
- Randy Rainbow – “Playing with Myself”
Books I Write
Currently, I am working on a number of fiction projects as well as two non-fiction projects. Believe it or not, it is actually hard to write when your leg is broken. Thankfully, I am on the mend and can sit at my desk and write for longer periods of time.
Here is a list of my current WIP’s:
- The Devil’s Due – Fiction – If you make a deal with the devil, you better make sure you are ready for the fine print.
- 101 Haunted Tales from the Old Dominion – Non-fiction – Ghost stories from around the state of Virginia..
- Trust the Witch – Fiction – Will you listen when she speaks?
- Brief History of Tarot – Non-fiction
- The Sister Black – A Ghostly tale of Greed and Murder – Non-fiction
My first two books can be found on Amazon. Blood Child (2014) – a paranormal mystery about the aftermath of a grizzly massacre and it’s sole survivor. Shadow’s Tale – Shadow, a ghost cat, walks the streets of Orlando on All Hallow’s Eve visiting the creatures, human and spirit alike, who touched one of his nine lives.
Check them out on Amazon.